Our Student Council enjoys a long and proud tradition here in Ardscoil Mhuire. Its aim is to work in partnership with the school management, staff and parents to promote a spirit of responsibility and co-operation among our students, and to foster a spirit of community within the school, where students can share their ideas and become involved in nonacademic activities.
Activities organised include games and athletics, tournaments, competitions and concerts. The Council strives to foster and develop the talents of all students. The Student Council has assisted a number of charities, both local and national, by involving the students in a variety of fundraising activities.
Student Council 2016 - 2017
Highlights of School Year
- Mercy Day Celebrations
- School Musical Production
- Awards Day
- Christmas Concert
- Sports Day
- Leaving Certificate Christmas Party
- Class Trips
- Fund-raising Extravaganza
What our First Years have to say about Ardscoil Mhuire:
- This school has a brilliant atmosphere and a heartwarming welcome for everyone. All the teachers are very kind. My best experience was winning player of the tournament in Basketball.
- There’s a wonderful atmosphere in the school. The dinners are lovely everyday. The teachers are so pleasant. My best experience in school so far would have to be Mercy Day. It was so much fun and this year it was a colour walk! We got to be with our friends all day and it was so fun.
- Ardscoil Mhuire is such a brilliant school. There are so many activities and sports to choose from. I’m very happy I chose this school as my secondary school. You make loads of new friends. It’s a big change from primary but in a good way. My best experience was the Colour Walk.
- Ardscoil Mhuire is a friendly, happy school. It has many facilities for everyone to enjoy. Its food in the canteen is delicious especially chicken curry on Friday. My best experience has been playing loads of sports that the school has to offer.